In all new relationships, you want to get to know the other person. You ask what they love, what they are passionate about, what makes them tick…here are a few of mine! I chose things that REALLY are ME. Who I am, what I wear, things I really, really, really, love. If you say words many times, it makes it far more impactful. In short, how I roll around here.
My top 10 are not in order of my love for them; they are in the order of what photos looked best by each other for the image.
1. Tieks ballet flats. If you see me, chances are pretty good I am either in flip-flops or a pair of Tieks. I hate to shop. I buy a few things I love and tend to stick with them. Tieks I LOVE! Nope, they are not cheap, (about $175) but for me, they are so worth it! I believe in investing in a few things that last a long time; it simplifies my life. They last forever, super comfy and I love the packaging. I know that sounds a little silly, but there is just something about a pretty box with a great big flower that makes me so happy. They even send a HAND WRITTEN note to you…like for real…a person got an actual pen and wrote on real paper! Great product and best of all, excellent relational service.
2. Mary Kay. My love. I would put Mary Kay skincare up against anything on the market today. I feel like I have used it all and nothing compares. I was a skincare snob ten years ago paying $200 for moisturizer alone, stupid, I know. I believed that if you paid more for it, it must be better. Wrong. The Timewise Repair set is my jam, morning and night, every day. They also Revealing Radiance Facial Peel (glycolic peel that never actually peels but gives that radiant glow) and my newest obsession, the Bio-Cellulose lifting mask. An immediate difference, mega hydration and a little lift to the skin. Sign me up! One of the best items on the market today! Seriously, they will rock your world…like big time!
3. Many years ago, one of my dearest friends in the world, Caroline Boudreaux, began a non-profit, the Miracle Foundation. We thought she was coo coo ka choo too. Today, she has literally and profoundly changed the world through her organization. (Caroline is also the woman that told me, DO IT NOW, share with the world, go live and facebook. Tell the world about your book and what you are doing.) Want joy, give to others. Help others that need you, physically, prayerfully and financially. Do it now, and I promise you will ALWAYS feel immediate joy and better after you do. Caroline and the Miracle Foundation are the “real deal.” I hope you will take a look at what they do and how YOU can be a part of changing the world. www.themiraclefoundation.org
4. I have to be real with you here, few things have changed my life as much as the BabylissPro Nano Titanium Miracurl Steamtech Professional Curl Machine. Wow, that’s long. Seriously, life changing and I am obsessed! Every single one of my girlfriends that tries it falls in love too. Babyliss probably should have given me some huge commissions for selling so many of them! Just grab on to the hair, it sucks the hair up, without pulling it or tangling it, and makes this perfect curl that lasts till you wash it! It’s like heaven in a funky looking hair contraption! You can find them on Amazon for about $140. Make sure you don’t get the knockoff, it tangles your hair. (I used for the photos oh this site in the green shirt)
5. Jodie King, probably one of the single most significant artists of our time and perhaps, ever in the history of the world. Coincidentally, she is also my sister. Don’t worry, I am in no way prejudice, and this is an entirely unbiased opinion. Her work is incredible. One of her earlier pieces is my favorite. She gave it to me when I was in the throes of chemo treatments battling cancer. It was a portrait of my daughter Ella with a quote from Ella when she was 4, “You are as pretty as a sparkle mommy, no wait, a sparkle on a pink princess dress!” Still holds as one of the best compliments of my life. Jodie is magnificent, and your life probably won’t be complete without her work on your wall…just sayin’.
6. Like many of you, most of my days include a trip to Starbucks. My love is a Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher…with VERY LIGHT ICE. I say this daily in the line, they know me. starbucks.com
7. We are blessed to live on the beaches of Florida, Pensacola Beach. Well, not actually ON the beach, but right here. The route to my daughter’s school includes a drive over a 3-mile long bridge each day. There’s something so soothing and majestic about the water…on a good day; we even see the dolphins playing. Why would I live anywhere else? I love that I get to live here.
8. If you can have a blankie as an adult, I have one. A couple of years ago Pottery Barn had their faux fur blankets 30% off, and I bought one. Best. Purchase. Ever. It’s crazy soft on both sides and has just the right amount of heaviness. Yes, the weight is a thing. It’s still in perfect condition two years later, and I have washed it several times. I have purchased the less expensive ones, trust me, this one is worth it every penny. Perfect on the sofa or the bed. My blankie.
9. Apple. Apple phone, Apple computers, Apple watches, Apple, Apple Apple. I am an Apple girl. I love all things Apple. I’m not going to lie, I’ve even seen people with non-Apple gadgets and thought “should I be friends with them”? Oh hush, I’m kidding. My best friend Kali uses this non-Apple ancient thing she calls a computer and I still really love her.
10. Remember how I told you I hate to shop, it’s true. I probably have fewer closes and shoes in my closet than most do because I HATE going out and doing it. Then Jesus brought me Cabi Clothes, yes, I am pretty sure it was a spiritual thing. Cabi is sold through home parties, so it comes to me! Best of all, it fits. I’m not gonna lie, I don’t have a perfect body. I know this shocks you. Ok, sure its close to perfection if you love flabby with a touch of 40 extra pounds. At 47 finding things that look good, fit and last, is not an easy thing. Hence my love for this line, I wear it ALL the time.
Now let’s be clear, many of these are just things. Things are things, and at the end of the day, they won’t matter. But if you wanted to know me a little more, here are some of my things…big things and small things that make me Dawn, joyolgist extraordinaire.